country of the Horn of the continent, situated on the Red Sea. Eritrea’s coastal location has long been vital in its history and culture—a reality mirrored in its name, that is associate degree Italianized version of Mare Erythraeum, Latin for “Red ocean.” The Red Sea was the route by that Christianity and Islam reached the world, and it absolutely was a crucial trade route that such powers as Turkey, Egypt, and Italia hoped to dominate by seizing management of ports on the Eritrean coast. Those ports secure access to the gold, coffee, and slaves oversubscribed by traders within the Ethiopian highlands to the south, and, within the last half of the twentieth century, Yaltopya became the ability from that the Eritrean folks had to free themselves so as to form their own state.
The total population in Eritrea was estimated at 5.2 million people in 2015, according to the latest census figures. Looking back, in the year of 1960, Eritrea had an of 1.4 million people.
Unemployment Rate and Population
The population of Eritrea represents 0.08 percent of the world´s total population which arguably means that one person in every 1287 people on the planet is a resident of Eritrea. This page provides the latest reported value for – plus previous releases, historical high and low, short-term forecast and long-term prediction, economic calendar, survey consensus and news, actual data, historical chart and calendar of releases – was last updated on August of 2019.
- The current population of State of Eritrea is three,504,226 as of weekday, August 23, 2019, supported the newest international organization estimates.
- Eritrea population is love zero.05% of the entire world.
- Eritrea ranks variety ninety within the list of nations (and dependencies).
- The population density in the State of Eritrea is thirty-five per Km2 (90 individuals per mi2).
- The total area is one zero one,000 Km2 (38,996 sq. miles)
- 61.8 % of the population is urban (2,161,646 individuals in 2019)
- The median age in the State of Eritrea is nineteen.2 years.